We are committed to ensuring that St Mary’s Churchgate Street, Old Harlow, is a safe place for all.
The Parochial Church Council of St Mary's Churchgate Street, Old Harlow has
adopted the House of Bishops' Promoting a Safer Church Safeguarding Policy Statement.
Our Parish Safeguarding Representative is Lesley Perry.
They can be contacted at church or by email.
St Mary’s Churchgate Street, Old Harlow, is part of the Diocese of
Chelmsford. For further information about Safeguarding in the Diocese
of Chelmsford, their Safeguarding Team and Safeguarding Contacts click
This page includes contact details for Safeguarding organisations and charities.
For Local Harlow Safeguarding Issues please contact:
- Harlow Council’s designated Safeguarding Officer on 01279 446192
- If you are a child or young person and would like to talk to someone in confidence you can call Child Line (www.childline.org.uk) on 0800
- If you would like help and/or advice or wish to speak to someone
anonymously about concerns for a particular child you can
call the National Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to
Children (NSPCC) (www.nspcc.org.uk)
on 0808 800 5000
- If you are concerned about a vulnerable adult you can call the ASKSAL helpline on 03452 66 66 63 (SAL - Safeguarding Adults Line).
- If you are concerned about the immediate safety of a child or
vulnerable adult you should call the police using the 999 emergency
Click to download the Safeguarding Policy Statement.